Ionic liquids possess a combination of properties, which make them interesting for the application in the area of energy transfer, storage and transformation. The properties that make them interesting are following:
- Negligible vapor pressure
- Wide temperature range, when they remain liquid
- Ability to release energy when transitioning from liquid to solid aggregation state (solidifying, freezing)
- Ability to absorb energy when transitioning from solid to liquid state (melting)
- Ability to absorb other compounds (work media)
Following the links, you can read about three interesting applications:
If you have any questions regarding our activities, applications or products in this field please feel free to contact us.